Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer 2016 Bookish Bingo

Yesterday I posted my wrap-up post for the Spring round of Bookish Bingo and as one season ends, another begins.  It’s time for the 2016 Summer Round of Bookish Bingo hosted by Bekka and Alexia at Pretty Deadly Reviews.  Here is the lovely card they created:
And once again I decided to use my creativity (or whatever you want to call it) to make my own personal card to fill in throughout the next few months.
Everyone has their own reasons for participating in Bookish Bingo. I originally decided to attempt the Bookish Bingo challenge because I was in a reading slump. I thought it might motivate me to make a dent in my growing TBR pile and I wanted to try something different.  This round, my third, I hope to do better than in my previous two attempts. Which considering how they went, I can’t do much worse…no really...I read maybe half a book my first attempt…maybe…or maybe I just thought about reading it. Whatever the case, this round I just want to relax, read more books, and hopefully, get a BINGO or Three (it'd be my personal best).

There are some very interesting squares on this round’s card and I already have some books in mind for a couple of them. However, there are a few that I might need to do a little more searching for to find a book that not only fits, but that also interests me. I don’t want to read something that bores me just because it would let me check off the box, you know? Then it becomes almost like required reading...ugh...I had enough of that in school. I want to read books that I choose and if it fits a square, then "Yay!"
Anyway, I look forward to the challenge that this card poses and I plan to enjoy myself even if I don’t get a single BINGO. Reading is always enjoyable for me, so no problem there. Also, as in previous rounds, I will probably read books that won’t fit any square on the card and that’s okay, too. Who cares? There's no rule against it. This challenge is meant for fun, to motivate me to read more and to switch up my reading choices a bit. I don’t want to put pressure on myself to read only BINGO books over the next few months. If I start doing that, it stops being fun for me and I would hate for that to happen.

That being said, Bookish Bingo is a great, no-pressure challenge if you are looking for one for the Summer. So, why don’t you join in? You know you want to...c'mon...it's just for fun...you might discover an author, book, or genre that you might not have read otherwise...oh, and did I mention that there's a giveaway involved?
For more info and to join, check out the hosts' blog, Pretty Deadly Reviews.

Anyone else “playing” BINGO this round?  Need any recommendations?  Have any books you think I (or anyone else) should read that fits the card? 

1 comment:

  1. So, I have been meaning to tell you since you posted this that I love the way your bingo card page looks!

    I keep thinking of participating in this challenge, and then I never do. I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete