Sunday, July 31, 2016

SBPT 2016: Confessions of Carlisa

As July comes to a close, the Summer Blogger Promo Tour keeps rolling on...

Today my guest is Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa and she is sharing six books that describe her and her blog!  Let's give a big welcome to Carlisa!

Hi, my lovely friends! I’m Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa. I blog about all things books and movies and random thoughts that I have—so it’s a pretty good time. Today I’m going to be talking about six books that describe both me and my blog. I had some fun, so I hope you like them!


1. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
I love finding new bookish people to get to know! My favorite thing is when someone says they love one of your favorite series and you just want to hug them and be best friends forever.



2. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
I just read this one, and I think it works perfectly in this situation. I’m always reading about awesome and fantastical adventures, but my life is never super exciting. Just school and work, work and school. I mean, I like my life and where I’m at. It’s just nowhere near as crazy as the books I read.


3. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
When I read this book, I felt like Paige, the main character, was basically the exact same person I am. I even made a list of our similarities in my review here. I loved her, and this book. But mostly her. 



4. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella
Picked this just because its title and my blog name are twinsies.


5. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
So this story has nothing to do with me or my blog as its WWII-related, but I really love the title. Though I don’t write as much as I should or want to, I really just love words and stories. And my blog is kind of an outlet that lets me “tell” the stories by promoting and talking about and getting more people to read them.



6. Vanessa and Her Sister by Priya Parmar
I haven’t read this, but I saw it in the store once, and I almost bought it on a whim. Because my sister’s name is Vanessa…so this book is about us, no?




Thanks so much, Jennifer, for having me! Check out my blog here, my bookstagram here, and my Twitter here


Thank you so much, Carlisa! I loved learning more about you and your blog through your list!

Everyone be sure to show Carlisa some love and check out her blog, Confessions of Carlisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment