Thursday, September 1, 2016

#ARCAugust and Bookish Bingo Wrap-Up!

It’s time for the final wrap-up for two reading challenges I have been doing the last few months…Pretty Deadly Review’s Bookish Bingo and ReadSleepRepeat’s ARC August.

First up Bookish Bingo…

While I’ve read quite a bit over the last few months I only managed to make two bingos.

Magic - Riverkeep
June, July, August Release - Resisting the Rebel
 FREE SQUARE
Mental Health - A World Without You
Food in Title or On Cover - Man, I Hate Cursive: Cartoons for People and Advanced Bears

Over 500 pages - Scary Out There
2016 Debut - The Season
Mental Health - A World Without You
Starts with S, U, M, E, or R - Second Chance Summer
Yellow Cover - Doodletopia

As for ARC August…

I didn’t manage to read all ten books on my original goal list, but I did read a few of them and several more that were not on the list (as well as a few non-ARCs which I didn't include in the list below).

ARCs read in August:
Keeping Her Secret by Sarah Nicolas
Wake the Hollow by Gaby Triana
Running with the Pack by A.M. Burns
How to Tame a Triceratops by Will Dare
A Tale of Two Prom Dates by Evie Alexis
Lazy Crafternoon by Stella Fields
Twentieth Century Fox: A Century of Entertainment by Michael Troyan
Scary Out There edited by Jonathan Maberry
Polaris by Beth Bowland
Man, I Hate Cursive: Cartoons for People and Advanced Bears by Jim Benton
All Shook Up by Chelsey Krause
Thieving Weasels by Billy Taylor
With Love from the Inside by Angela Pisel
Waking the Bear by Kerry Adrienne
Resisting the Rebel by Lisa Brown Roberts

I read more books in August than I have in a long time. Let’s hope it got me out of the slump I’ve been in this summer.  My ratings and reviews for these books can be found on my Goodreads page.


What about you?
Did you read any good books in August?
Doing any challenges for September?

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I also participated in ARC August. I read five arcs. I wanted to read eight, but I'm happy with five. The reviews are what mattered the most. I am participating in RYBSAT and the TBYSreadathon in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read more in August than I have all year! Lots of good books too; some favorites were Timekeeper, Froi of the Exiles, Rebel of the Sands, P.S. I Like You, and Disenchanted. And that is a seriously impressive list of arcs, I managed to read 7. I did really well on bingo so I definitely want to try the Fall one! Happy reading in September :)

    ReplyDelete